Let's Talk

Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Bundt with Brown-Butter Vanilla Bean Glaze

Did I say O, Yum?  Cause if I didn't here it is.....O, YUM!!! I made this cake and it was amazing.....

Here's the recipe....

for the apple bundt:
1 T. butter and some flour for preparing the pan
4 medium apples – peeled, cored, & shredded (use the big holes on your grater), to make about 3-1/2 cups shredded apples – I used 2 Granny Smith, 1 Gala, and 1 McIntosh
1 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1-1/3 c. white sugar, divided
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. mace
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. applesauce
4 large eggs
1/2 c. apple cider
2 tsp. vanilla

for the brown-butter vanilla bean glaze:2 to 3 T. half and half
2 c. sifted powdered sugar
vanilla bean seeds scraped from 1/2 a vanilla bean (split bean lengthwise and scrape out seeds)
4 oz. butter
2 tsp. vanilla

and for the step by step how to ...hop on over to  "A Farm girl's Dabbles" 

 I recently stubbled upon her blog while repining pics onto pinterest and I have to say I'm loving it! I bet you will too:)

Happy baking to all and have a wonderful weekend,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment