1. Heat half a cup of olive oil, leave it on your hair for 15 minutes, then rinse.
2. Mix baking soda in with your shampoo.
3. Shampoo, then rinse your hair with beer. It really works!
4. Brew some coffee and let it cool, then apply to dry hair and leave for 20 mins. Rinse with warm water.
Boil and mash up some carrots, leave on your hair for 15 minutes.
Massaging your hair with mayonnaise, olive oil or almond oil will add moisture back. Leave it on for 10 minutes then wash it as usual.
Garlic is known for its anti bacterial properties and makes an excellent acne treatment. Press some garlic into a paste and leave it on your acne and pimples for 15 minutes then rinse off. Another solution is mashed-up honey and apple, applied individually to pimples. Also, try dabbing some tea tree oil on the pimple to dry it out and kill any bacteria.
There are some excellent natural face mask treatments for acne. Try applying a layer of ripe tomato pulp, cooked oatmeal or egg yolk to your face and letting it dry.
Finally, fruits are natural acid exfoliants and can help to get rid of your acne scars. Applying a puree of pineapple for 15 minutes will both freshen you up and reduce the impact of acne marks. Another great solution is lemon juice, but be careful as it can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Dry Skin Remedies
- Dry skin on feet and hands
Apply Vaseline, baby oil or olive oil to the affected area before bedtime, then wear socks or gloves all night.
Olive oil moisturizes your nails without weakening them, and softens your cuticles too. It also prevents "hang nails" that are caused by dry skin.
Or, Massaging your fingertips with vitamin E before bed will strengthen them.
- Dry face
1. Almond oil makes a great primer before foundation because it's quickly absorbed. I use it as a night moisturizer.
2. Make a mash of banana and leave on your face for 20 minutes.
3. Mayonnaise is not only a great hydration treatment for your hair, it works wonders as a face mask too.
Face mask Tips
A good face mask will firm and tone your skin, minimizing pores and exfoliating off dead skin so the fresh skin beneath is revealed. Here's a natural and effective face mask recipe:
1 mashed avocado
1 cooked and mashed carrot
1/2 cup cream
1 beaten egg
3 tablespoons of honey
Ground coffee is just as good an exfoliant as many expensive products. All you need is a quarter cup of ground coffee mixed with a tablespoon of salt.
To make the coffee even more effective, brew a cup first, then use the brewed coffee! Remember to use it within 20 minutes though, because oxidisation after that point will make the coffee less effective.
These beauty tips have been around for years and during these times of economic struggles, I'm sure will come in handy! So give some a try...have fun and stop back in to let me know what ones you tried:)